SSBA
May 19, 2024, 09:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim 7 Discussion  (Read 21721 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »

um....

you can buy potential.

so don't give me that argument.

but if such all time greats like Bird or Erving won't live up to their expectations, then they shouldn't even be in the draft

This is a consistent showing that you still haven't grasped the concept of what I'm doing with the draft.  I've been extremely straightforward with how I'm doing.

BTW, SSBA Bird dropped 24.2/7.6/4 in his 3rd year, which was pretty comparable to his 3rd year in the NBA (22.9/10.9/5.Cool.  Last year he was certainly a superstar.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »

um....

you can buy potential.

so don't give me that argument.

Um...yes, i know. But you missed the point. I've been said by numerous GM's (including you) that potential could be deceitful, so in other words we can't trust em. I'm pretty sure Erving's potential was (or still is i don't know) pretty high (considering who he was and the fact he's from Philly), so why does he still sucks in his 4th year?

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2007, 02:10:48 PM »

It also depends on who the GM/coach is (where in the DC he is used, option, pace, focus) and who the other teammates are.  There are too many variables that are different than the NBA because of the human factor...and way too many unknowns due to the random factors of sim(ulating) games.

Bottom line is that there is no way to absolutely duplicate the real players or their achievements.  Just look at Yao.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: