SSBA
May 05, 2024, 11:26:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 NBA DRAFT: Noah  (Read 3812 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« on: June 29, 2007, 01:55:05 AM »

What you guys think of Yoakim going to the Bulls ?

I haven't seen him play so far, and analysts as well as fans are completely split on the topic, ranging from perfect fit to horrible pick. Is it true that he more or less duplicates the value of Tyrus and Ben (much energy, little offensive output) but without the banging? Or is he a matchup nightmare at 7'0" with great potential to be better ?

I would appreciate your opinion since you could follow his (successful) career ...
 Cheers

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
PacersGM
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:06:40 AM »

i have seen him a lot.

He played without a doubt better last year.
i have to admit i am a big fan of his style of play.

His game is all about winning and he will do whatever is neccessary.
His biggest plus are all on the defense end.
He is a very good defender (man to man, helpdefender, switch he knows it all). has no problem guarding even perimeter guys thanks to his good hands.
He is a good rebounder but gets pushed too much out of position to be a great rebounder.
He is a great shotblocker almost never bits on the fakes and even can recover very quick if he did.
Also isn´t foul prone because he has good positioning.
He is able to start a break after getting a rebound because his ball handling are above avg. for a big.
He will always run the floor as hard as possible.
thanks to his above avg. quickness and leaping abilities he outhustles most of his opp. for loose balls and rebounds.
in the offense he is best when he plays high post. If you run the offense through him he will make the right pass and thanks to a quick first step can beat most of the bigs in the nba of the dribble for a layup.
solid Ft shooter even with that horrible release. i am not sure but he shot around 74%.

biggest weakness for now is he has no jumpshot (of course he can hit it if he is let open but you know in the nba almost every shot is contest inside the arc) and needs weight to work in the low post.
he will be able to guard most PFs as long as they don´t try to post him up.
But that won´t be a big problem imo since that is bens task and the bulls are on of the best teams with rotation help defense.

in terms of IQ and energy you can´t find a better guy for the bulls.
he is the prefect guy for the bulls because he will learn their defense system very quick and likes to run.

in some cats he is very similar to tyrus (energy can make the plays on both side of the floor, like a timly stopp or a dunk in transition) but his high basketball IQ and winning first mind will give him an edge for now.

imo he is the most ready big in this draft outside the top 3
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »

and what about his potential?

you think what he is now is the limit or could he develop some missing skills.
Where'S the limit with him ?

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
PacersGM
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »

pot he could become the next camby
he hasn´t reached his pot and i am sure he will get better.
Just remember he played Pg in high school and never played as a freshman.
so he has basically only 2 years of experience of playing the Pf position.
but i don´t know if ever will add a midrange game. he has already the ability to score inside with both hands after spin moves.
but i also thought that noce will never learn how to set his feet first before he shoots.
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »

I think of him as a rich man's Varejao -- better defensively, faster, but offensively limited (have you seen his shot yet? haha), and rail thin. He's not a great athlete. I think he fits well with a team that's already a contender, so he's ok on the Bulls. I like him better than Hawes, who I think will be a bust.
I don't think his ceiling is high. He has gotten by on a lot of hustle, imo.
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:22:18 PM »

I think of him as a rich man's Varejao -- better defensively, faster, but offensively limited (have you seen his shot yet? haha), and rail thin. He's not a great athlete. I think he fits well with a team that's already a contender, so he's ok on the Bulls. I like him better than Hawes, who I think will be a bust.
I don't think his ceiling is high. He has gotten by on a lot of hustle, imo.
He will be the only person in the NBA to put a side spin on a ball when he shoots. Laughing

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »

I don't like the pick at all.  What he brings wasn't what they needed IMO.  Furthermore,  I don't think his game translates to more than a bench player next year.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
PacersGM
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 04:06:17 AM »

I don't like the pick at all.  What he brings wasn't what they needed IMO.  Furthermore,  I don't think his game translates to more than a bench player next year.

i can´t see a better choice at 9 for the bulls.
hawes is too young and also will need at least 3 years before he will be ready to get some mins.
the rest available were wings. not a position where the bulls need more depth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: