SSBA
May 07, 2024, 08:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtics-Pacers Trade - processed  (Read 1341 times)
Anonymous
« on: March 21, 2005, 04:27:31 PM »

Celtics Trade:

SF: Morris Peterson
SF: Mickael Pietrus

Pacers Trade:

C: Scott Pollard
2006 2nd round pick (36th overall)
2007 2nd round pick

Why the Celtics do it:

The MoPete trade was an unmitigated disaster by all accounts and, while Peterson is a decent player, is taking playing time from Tony Allen, who as it stands, was behing McKie and MoPete on the depth chart.

Pollard adds a bit of insurance at center, which is especially important since all I have on the roster is an oft-injured Raef and an unproven Kendrick Perkins. He also brings with him an expiring $6.2MM, which helps since both Pietrus and Peterson were tied up with multi-year contracts.

I was hoping to see more from Pietrus this season, but with Pierce taking the lion's share of minutes at SF, that left him somewhat out of the loop. It was more cost-beneficial for me to take on an expiring contract and address the SF via the deep draft, in which I will have back-to-back early 2nd-round picks, thanks to one of the picks the Pacers GM is sending my way.
PacersGM
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »

Pacers agree.

We trade for peterson and pietrus in hope that both can give me some depth at the SG/Sf position. pollard is a nice player with an expiring contract but i want have any caproom in the next year. i hope to add one more quality player through FA and be two deep at each position.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:43:47 PM »

Well, Celtics, all I can say is that I'm sorry it came to this. Smile

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 04:45:31 PM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM
Well, Celtics, all I can say is that I'm sorry it came to this. Smile

I cry at night over that trade. It was my Isiah moment, that's for sure.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:46:33 PM »

You can say that again. But hey, at least you got a few seconds. I also think Mo Pete should have produced more than he did. It was hit or miss.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: