SSBA
May 12, 2024, 12:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 1 FA, whats on your wish list?  (Read 19181 times)
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2005, 07:04:38 PM »

Jazz's roster is full.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2005, 07:06:04 PM »

Yes, and I wouldn't wait up for him, but he had mentioned cutting a player (he wanted to skip his first round pick so he could have roster room to enter free agency, until I told him you can only forfeit a pick if your roster is full).  So I'm sure he still has an interest in free agency.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2005, 07:08:25 PM »

Since the ClippersGM has been on the record as saying that he was going to offer Gordon the max, and since it's such a no brainer, I think if he doesn't get his free agency submission in that he should automatically offer Gordon the max.

I understand this would set quite a precedent, but ClippersGM has said on a number of occasions that he expects to resign Gordon and the max deal coming Gordon's way has been an open topic for weeks.
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2005, 07:11:44 PM »

Quote from: BucksGM
Since the ClippersGM has been on the record as saying that he was going to offer Gordon the max, and since it's such a no brainer, I think if he doesn't get his free agency submission in that he should automatically offer Gordon the max.

I understand this would set quite a precedent, but ClippersGM has said on a number of occasions that he expects to resign Gordon and the max deal coming Gordon's way has been an open topic for weeks.

Personally, I agree.  However, if this is done, then where does it stop?  NetsGM gave the deadline.  If it's missed, then the Clips will lose out.  

So, as much as I think that the offer should go through because of the obvious need to resign the young star, the offer should only go through if ClippersGM sends it to the Nets.
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2005, 07:12:33 PM »

as I wrote that, ClippersGM logged on.  Oh well!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »

I would never set a precedent like that.

Then next offseason, someone loses a FA in free agency, and bitches me out because I didn't make his bids for him.

Nope.  No way.

Besides, ClippersGM just pm'd me.

Clips, you owe me your life.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »

I expect Childerss or Chandler as compensation.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2005, 07:31:30 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

You have no idea how much I wanted this little *&@$! to disappear for just another 2 hours.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2005, 07:38:31 PM »

Sometimes I wonder why Baron doesn't garner as much interest. He isn't as good of an outside scorer, or ball handler, but his inside scoring, defense and assist ability are all better than Gordons.

But seriously, when Yao was a FA 2 days ago, he didn't even garner as much interest as Gordon has.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2005, 07:41:02 PM »

Quote from: BucksGM

I couldn't disagree more. Even as my biggest rival stands to get better.

If the ClippersGM doesn't submit bids to Bods, then he HASN'T MADE AN OFFER.

Say KG becomes a FA in the real NBA. Kevin McHale comes out in the Minny Times (or whatever their paper is) and says he will be offering KG a contract. Is Stern and his head office supposed to officiate the signing because McHale said that in the paper?

CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2005, 07:41:37 PM »

Age and potential. Dude is still getting better...
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2005, 07:42:21 PM »

Gordon is a 24 year old guy who will score 20 ppg in this league, drop 8+ assists, have nearly as many steals as turnovers, and is one of the best shooters in the game.

Look at his percentages the last 2 years.

Oh, and he's still got A potential.

Gordon >>>>> Baron.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2005, 07:43:06 PM »

Also, Bods, that would have been as close to cheating as you could get.

You've always had a soft deadline. You've extended sims BY AN ENTIRE DAY before so someone could confirm a trade.

If you had done FA right at 5, that would have been criminal. You made the absolute right decision by waiting.

BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2005, 07:43:56 PM »

^ It's McHale's full time job to run the Wolves.

SSBA isn't the ClippersGM's job.  It's not like he's an inactive GM, so when someone that active is MIA on the most important date of his SSBA Season, I'm willing to give that person the benefit of the doubt that there's a compelling reason he couldn't get the submission in on time.

And obviously the ClippersGM has stated again and again that he's gonna offer Gordon the max.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Gordon is a 24 year old guy who will score 20 ppg in this league, drop 8+ assists, have nearly as many steals as turnovers, and is one of the best shooters in the game.

Look at his percentages the last 2 years.

Oh, and he's still got A potential.

Gordon >>>>> Baron.

Oh yeah, Gordon is better, no doubt, but I'm getting no PM's about Baron. Really how far behind is Baron? So far that half the GM's in this league dream of Gordon at night, yet no one contacts me about Baron?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: