SSBA
May 05, 2024, 11:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playoff Round 1 Discussions  (Read 22819 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 08:17:48 PM »

That's outrageous.

I'll reserve my comments until after I see the box scores.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 08:27:12 PM »

ouch, well, I would be angrier if I were the Raptors.

I think these results show just how crazy the FBB playoffs can be. It's pretty annoying, really.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »

Ouch.
http://ssba.phillyarena.net/boxes/126-7.html

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 08:33:39 PM »

Why do I even bother playing when FBB continually takes a big shit in my face come playoff time?

BucksGM, I'm going to ask you to understand that I don't mean to offend you in any way, but IMO you were NOT a worthy winner of this series. My team was far superior to yours.

The first year of the new SSBA, the Heat won it all ,and that was great, since they were the best team. Since then, I have not seen a top team win it in all my experience with FBB. What incentive do I have to build a dominate team if I am always going to lose in the Playoffs. How can the bucks beat the Raptors? How does that happen? Bottom line, it doesn't.

This program is just fucked. It always misses on all-star invites, and awards, but now it seems to just flat out miss on games too.

I'm not sure what to think right now. As soon as I realized I lost, I said "That's it, I quit". Because really, I put way to much time into this sim to lose in the playoffs every year. I enjoy this too much to quit. That would be an irrational solution. But the results are not worth the time that I put into it.

I'm strongly considering just breaking up my team and building fresh around Yao.

How does Okur hold Yao to just 6 rebounds in 39 minutes in game 4? Yao has 7 inches on Okur.

How do the Bucks, in the lower half defense wise in the League, hold the Raptors, (top 4 offense) to 72 points on 32% shooting (Raps led the league in shooting percentage) in game 6?

How do the Bucks shoot 51% in game 7 at the ACC against the best defensive team?

Things like this just shouldn't happen. I'm beginning to think that the key to building a successful team in FBB is to build one that is medicore, build one that is just good enough to get by.

I'm going to strongly consider all offers for all players except Yao.

SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »

Wow.. Its a pretty weird play-offs so far.

I really didnt expect to win the series against the hornets, although i know that i did have a good chance of beating them with my solid frontcourt.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 08:34:17 PM »

Quote from: HornetsGM
ouch, well, I would be angrier if I were the Raptors.

I think these results show just how crazy the FBB playoffs can be. It's pretty annoying, really.

LOL, I find if funny that you just echoed my sentiments exactly, even before I posted them.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »

Bucks were the only team, IMO, with a chance to beat the Raptors.

They have C+ and C outside pf and c's.  That equals great midrange games (and in Okur's case, 3 pt range).  The Raptors bigs probably aren't all that mobile (7'6", 310lbs and 7'0", 265), nor that great of perimeter defenders.  Raptors putting Yao as 3rd string pf probably didn't help.

Then the Bucks get most of their scoring from the perimeter in Smith (going up against a b- defender) and Kobe (going up against a B defender).  And their pg in Tinsley is one of the best ball thiefts (2.1 spg) going up against one of the worst pg's in the league at turnovers (4.3 per game).

This may be a stretch, but this was the worst matchup possible for the raptors.  Someone like me could never beat them, because my bigs try to beat them inside.  The Bucks expose every one of your weaknesses.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 08:41:46 PM »

Maybe you guys experimented with your depth charts. And maybe, it did destroy your team's chemistry? Or maybe, its just pure luck.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2005, 08:42:50 PM »

Raps, don't break up your team, its clearly one of the best in the league.  I have no clue how you lost but you shouldn't break it up

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2005, 08:44:04 PM »

Shit, for some reason I thought I had Kmart playing PF, but Odom, the lesser defender, was playing that position.

In any event, I don't think that I should have lost the series, but I thought there was a chance.

Podkolzine = Houbregs
Odom < Duncan
Martin > Terpening
Marion > Manu
Livingston > Chamberlain

Dang.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2005, 08:45:44 PM »

Quote from: HornetsGM
Shit, for some reason I thought I had Kmart playing PF, but Odom, the lesser defender, was playing that position.

In any event, I don't think that I should have lost the series, but I thought there was a chance.

Podkolzine = Houbregs
Odom < Duncan
Martin > Terpening
Marion > Manu
Livingston > Chamberlain

Dang.

Sim 8 was the last dc you changed your roster with.
http://www.phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16715&highlight=#16715

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2005, 08:46:58 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Bucks were the only team, IMO, with a chance to beat the Raptors.

They have C+ and C outside pf and c's.  That equals great midrange games (and in Okur's case, 3 pt range).  The Raptors bigs probably aren't all that mobile (7'6", 310lbs and 7'0", 265), nor that great of perimeter defenders.  Raptors putting Yao as 3rd string pf probably didn't help.

Then the Bucks get most of their scoring from the perimeter in Smith (going up against a b- defender) and Kobe (going up against a B defender).  And their pg in Tinsley is one of the best ball thiefts (2.1 spg) going up against one of the worst pg's in the league at turnovers (4.3 per game).

This may be a stretch, but this was the worst matchup possible for the raptors.  Someone like me could never beat them, because my bigs try to beat them inside.  The Bucks expose every one of your weaknesses.

All of this may be true, but I have had the same team all season and I went 3-1 against them.

Maybe you guys experimented with your depth charts. And maybe, it did destroy your team's chemistry? Or maybe, its just pure luck.

My only experiment was making Buckner my starting SG, and this was a neccesity after Springs went down. Springs was NOT the catalyst for this team, so that doesn't explain it right there.

Raps, don't break up your team, its clearly one of the best in the league. I have no clue how you lost but you shouldn't break it up

Why not? So we can have this discussion next year too? Just like last year. There is no point. I'm waiting for another low seed to win this year, so I'm thinking I might as well be a low seed too.

SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 08:48:38 PM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM
Why do I even bother playing when FBB continually takes a big shit in my face come playoff time?

BucksGM, I'm going to ask you to understand that I don't mean to offend you in any way, but IMO you were NOT a worthy winner of this series. My team was far superior to yours.

The first year of the new SSBA, the Heat won it all ,and that was great, since they were the best team. Since then, I have not seen a top team win it in all my experience with FBB. What incentive do I have to build a dominate team if I am always going to lose in the Playoffs. How can the bucks beat the Raptors? How does that happen? Bottom line, it doesn't.

This program is just fucked. It always misses on all-star invites, and awards, but now it seems to just flat out miss on games too.

I'm not sure what to think right now. As soon as I realized I lost, I said "That's it, I quit". Because really, I put way to much time into this sim to lose in the playoffs every year. I enjoy this too much to quit. That would be an irrational solution. But the results are not worth the time that I put into it.

I'm strongly considering just breaking up my team and building fresh around Yao.

How does Okur hold Yao to just 6 rebounds in 39 minutes in game 4? Yao has 7 inches on Okur.

How do the Bucks, in the lower half defense wise in the League, hold the Raptors, (top 4 offense) to 72 points on 32% shooting (Raps led the league in shooting percentage) in game 6?

How do the Bucks shoot 51% in game 7 at the ACC against the best defensive team?

Things like this just shouldn't happen. I'm beginning to think that the key to building a successful team in FBB is to build one that is medicore, build one that is just good enough to get by.

I'm going to strongly consider all offers for all players except Yao.

I think its the same reason why the Lakers with 4 HOF  or why the rockets team composed of the dream, sir charles and Drexler didnt win the championship. Its because in life, its pure luck.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 08:49:33 PM »

It's pure luck? So you;re telling me that every team has a 50% chance of winning any series?

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 08:50:22 PM »

All of this may be true, but I have had the same team all season and I went 3-1 against them.

4 games is hardly a significant number.

My only experiment was making Buckner my starting SG, and this was a neccesity after Springs went down. Springs was NOT the catalyst for this team, so that doesn't explain it right there.

And Kobe KILLED you to the tune of 26.3 ppg.

You might have been a 60 game winner, but your team isn't perfect, and this was the worst matchup for you.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: