SSBA
May 18, 2024, 05:21:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playoff Round 1 Discussions  (Read 22960 times)
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2005, 12:51:24 PM »

Quote from: KingsGM
Man what a display of power;

Learn to be a gracious winner...

Bragging about beating a team that lost their best player to injury is graceless at best...   Neutral

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2005, 12:55:37 PM »

It wasn't even a huge display of power.  3 of 4 wins (against a team lacking a top 10 player in the game) were single digit games.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »

Hehe..Yes, yes i know...they were all close games even without Araujo. But i always wanted to type that "Display of power"...it sounds great! Razz

Actually, although i beat the Warriors 4-1 i'm not satisfied at all with how the games went. They were just too close and i'm not sure that kind of performance will carry me over the Mavs.

But at first, i was just thrilled that i passed that first round so i was speaking more with my heart then my mind. Smile

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2005, 01:20:28 PM »

Hehe..Yes, yes i know...they were all close games even without Araujo. But i always wanted to type that "Display of power"...it sounds great! Razz

Makes you sound like a bleeping idiot, and an incredibly arrogant one at that.

I say congratulations to a good series, and you say "What a display of power!" ?!?!?!?

Where the icon for "shaking head in disgust"  That is the one I need right now...

The Youth Movement
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »

GoldenState there was some major misunderstandings i belive....It was the last thing on my mind to be arogant or to ofend you. I don't know what's your problem? I just gave a explanation for that so called display of power and you exploded. Shocked  Rolling Eyes

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2005, 01:44:42 PM »

GoldenState there was some major misunderstandings i belive....It was the last thing on my mind to be arogant or to ofend you. I don't know what's your problem? I just gave a explanation for that so called display of power and you exploded. Shocked  Rolling Eyes

Your explanation was that you always wanted to type that, because it sounds great?  And that is a reason that you think an arrogant/offensive comment can be excused...

That is the one of the worst reasons I have ever heard...

That is like me stringing 7 profanities together, talking about an individual and his mother, and saying "Oh, I had just always wanted to curse someone out, it seems like fun"...  tell me how that is acceptable...

The Youth Movement
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2005, 01:47:53 PM »

Yes- I'll give you that - you were a good home team. But you were a TERRIBLE road team and you beat me at the ACC in game 7.

Yes, I was a terrible road team, obviously.  In fact, I only won about 1 out of 4 games on the road...

Mihm vs. Collier - Mihm by alot.

Collier's better on offense, Mihm is barely better in the defensive rating and better at rebounding.  That matchup is far from lopsided.

So my top option outscores you, and my 2nd option outscores you. You;re 3rd option was Collier, I believe? Collier went for 13.9ppg, 9.7rpg on 36.4% shooting.

So you'll have to improve your bench and your 2 guard issue (which has been your Achilles heel pretty much since you traded Vince).

I don't really care what happens to the Bucks now as long as you lose at some point and keep the record of Championships to Raptors - 0 Nets - 0.

Losing at some point while also beating the Nets may be hard to accomplish Smile
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2005, 02:07:22 PM »

Back to Basketball...
Well, some matchups worked, and others did not.
Foyle was probably the reason the series was lost.  
22% shooting and 7.4 rpg in 28 mpg from your starting center...  Did a good job defensively on Jerome James and Moiso, but the offensive production was putrid.

Swift was excellent, better then I expected.
25 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 2.2 bpg on 47% shooting.
But Brad Miller played just as well, scoring 21 ppg and 12.5 rpg on 49%.

Cardinal was not great, and a bad 2nd option this time.
12 ppg on 44% and 38% in only 25 mpg.
Hinkle did very well as a back-up, grabbing 10 ppg and 6 rpg on 50% and 66% shooting in 28 mpg.  May have earned a starting nod at SF next year, depending upon TC.
Gooden was not as good as I feared he would be.
12.4 and 8 rpg on 42% shooting...  I though he would eat Cardinal alive.

Iggy was excellent this series, in a starting role.
11ppg, 5.5 rpg, 3 apg on 51% and 33% shooting.  Most importantly, though, he held McGrady slightly in check.
Mcgrady averaged 30 ppg, 7 rpg and 7 apg, but on 46% and 37% shooting.  Considering he averaged 53% and 57% during the regular season against me, that is a huge improvement.

Hinrich, well, was not the greatest 1st option in the world.
13 ppg, 10.6 apg, on pitiful 39% and 20% shooting...  This is the other reason, besides Foyle, this series was lost.
Luisetti and Marbury just beat Hinrich badly this series...

Looking forward to next season, and seeing if Araujo can play at a fast pace (or maybe even with an outside focus, which should be fun), since the rest of the team has shown they play well under those settings.

The Youth Movement
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:45 PM »

It was a very interesting first round of the playoffs.

In the West, I'm not too surprised by the Clippers loss.  The T'Wolves are a good match-up, from a veteran team that's basically been together for a couple seasons now, despite the addition of Gatling who is a great scorer alongside KG.  I think leaving Brand on Garnett would have been better because making KG play some more defense might have taken away from his offense.  Chandler isn't the offensive player Brand is and KG could probably rest a little more on defense, giving him more of an effort on offense, but with KG that might not have mattered.  Also I think that Gordon isn't a true point which probably hurt in ball distribution.

The Jazz series was what I expected as the defending champs have a bucnh of team guys, and Antonio Daniels leading the way is a very good move.

The Mavs advanced which was no surprise because of their talent alone.

The Kings should have won with a Hoff-less Warriors team but I didn't expect Hinrich to play so poorly.

In the East I was kinda surprsided by the Raptors loss.

Yao is great inside and Peja as his compliment.  But your SG position I think hurt bad.  Everyone knows that your only weakness is your SL.  Donta Smith was able to play very well at SG and that was your fate.

I thought the Pacers would have a better outing but the Magic are great so that's understood.

The Nets proved their dominance but it's gonna be a tough one next round.

The Sixers win isn't shocking as with 2 guys K-Mart and Marion playing out of position, I think that might have contributed to the loss, but as a team looking in from the outside I could be wrong.  TD had his way with Odom, who I think is overrated.

But I'm looking forward to some of the matchups next round, should be interesting to see if anyone makes any big lineup changes.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2005, 05:09:58 PM »

Quote from: BucksGM
Yes- I'll give you that - you were a good home team. But you were a TERRIBLE road team and you beat me at the ACC in game 7.

Yes, I was a terrible road team, obviously.  In fact, I only won about 1 out of 4 games on the road...

Mihm vs. Collier - Mihm by alot.

Collier's better on offense, Mihm is barely better in the defensive rating and better at rebounding.  That matchup is far from lopsided.

So my top option outscores you, and my 2nd option outscores you. You;re 3rd option was Collier, I believe? Collier went for 13.9ppg, 9.7rpg on 36.4% shooting.

So you'll have to improve your bench and your 2 guard issue (which has been your Achilles heel pretty much since you traded Vince).

I don't really care what happens to the Bucks now as long as you lose at some point and keep the record of Championships to Raptors - 0 Nets - 0.

Losing at some point while also beating the Nets may be hard to accomplish Smile

Hm...everyone values their players differently, but I think Mihm has alot more value than Collier. Collier is a better scorer, but man, he still shoots only .07% higher than Mihm. Collier will obviously have alot more chances to score than Mihm will given their positions on their respective teams.

And rebounding and blocked shots are not even close.

You can keep your Collier, I'll keep my Mihm - but hey, what do I know, you beat me Smile

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2005, 05:31:40 PM »

Beat the Suns in six games like KingsGM predicted.  We were down 2-1 in the series but Bron played some of his best game of the season to pull this one off.  Next round going to face the Kings, we haven't play them that well this year.  Tmac going to get his 30+ but I hope we can stop the rest from getting 20+.  It will be a good matchup.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »

Hm...everyone values their players differently, but I think Mihm has alot more value than Collier. Collier is a better scorer, but man, he still shoots only .07% higher than Mihm. Collier will obviously have alot more chances to score than Mihm will given their positions on their respective teams.

I don't think the extra chances to score help Collier's %.  The fact that Mihm shoots so poorly when most of his shots come outside of the flow of the offense is a different story, especially since he's a garbage man.  I'd assume a lot of Mihm's attempts are offensive putbacks, and I think it usually helps someone's % to not be an option.  

Anyway, Mihm put up about 13/11/1/3 in 33 minutes, Collier put up about 15.5/8/1.5/1.5 in 31.  I don't think Mihm holds a lot more value than Collier based on the ratings or the statlines.

And that doesn't even take contract status into account.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2005, 06:51:42 PM »

Quote from: BucksGM

I don't think the extra chances to score help Collier's %.  The fact that Mihm shoots so poorly when most of his shots come outside of the flow of the offense is a different story, especially since he's a garbage man.  I'd assume a lot of Mihm's attempts are offensive putbacks, and I think it usually helps someone's % to not be an option.  

Anyway, Mihm put up about 13/11/1/3 in 33 minutes, Collier put up about 15.5/8/1.5/1.5 in 31.  I don't think Mihm holds a lot more value than Collier based on the ratings or the statlines.

And that doesn't even take contract status into account.

The fact that Mihm puts up 3 more rebounds and twice as many blocks make him alot more valuable to my team.

And contracts mean nothing to me, I have no cap space in the forseeable future.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »

Actually, although i beat the Warriors 4-1 i'm not satisfied at all with how the games went. They were just too close and i'm not sure that kind of performance will carry me over the Mavs.

But at first, i was just thrilled that i passed that first round so i was speaking more with my heart then my mind. Smile

Warriors;

For some reason you ignored this. On purpose or not, i don't know.

I deeply apologize for any insult you think i made with my statement (although i doubt that cursing and mentioning someone's mother is the same like that fatal statement "What a display of power". That wasn't even the soft trash talk). I just guess you had a bad day.

And finally, i moderated my original post (deleted very "arogant" statement) so there you go. Confused

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2005, 07:21:11 PM »

I did not ignore that statement...
But I do appreciate it when folks think before they type.  Internet anonymity should not allow any statement to be made without thought.

But do not blame it on a bad day...

All is well...

The Youth Movement
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: