SSBA
May 05, 2024, 12:00:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim 12 Discussion  (Read 9123 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:04 PM »

Obviously gatling isn't going to win POTG when he's playing with KG.  He's also not going to get double digit rebounds as a 2 guard.  Also, they were equal on steals.  with gatling having much better steal/to and a/to than Russell.  Gatling also played better defense.

Sorry spurs, I just don't see it.  Russell was good, gatling was better.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2005, 12:25:49 PM »

And part of it has to be about helping your team.

When I think of the ROTY, I think of the MOST VALUABLE ROOKIE. And that would be Gatling over Russel, who helped his team to a last place finish.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005, 12:27:42 PM »

Well, that's where i'm not sure i'd make that argument.  Wolves went from a team that was in the western conference championship to a team that was sub .500, somehow.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2005, 12:30:51 PM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM

When I think of the ROTY, I think of the MOST VALUABLE ROOKIE. And that would be Gatling over Russel, who helped his team to a last place finish.

And give Russell a player like KG and see how much better his team does.  Russell also was the top option for the majority of the year....a lot more pressure than having a top 5 player paving the way for you like Gatling had.  Did Gatling lead the Wolves to a better record than last year......

Does anyone see the similarity between this argument and the KG/TD MVP argument in the NBA?
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2005, 12:35:11 PM »

Quote from: SonicsGM
Well, after the Z trade, my team fell into the shitter.

Congrats to Trent Kundla.  All Team First Defense.  This guy is going to be a stud when he puts it all together.

Now, I am just hoping that Deng gives me an offer, or else I am going to have to stress it out and hope he takes my max offer.

If you don't re-sign him now, and then offer him the max in free agency, then you can have him. I'm not going to overpay for him like that.
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2005, 12:43:03 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Also, they were equal on steals.  with gatling having much better steal/to and a/to than Russell.

But Russell was a primary option thus more ball handling...so of course more turnovers.  And passing to KG should always make it easier to get assists then passing to Hobson & Nesterovic.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2005, 12:48:07 PM »

Quote from: SpursGM
Quote from: RaptorsGM

And give Russell a player like KG and see how much better his team does.  Russell also was the top option for the majority of the year....a lot more pressure than having a top 5 player paving the way for you like Gatling had.  Did Gatling lead the Wolves to a better record than last year......

Does anyone see the similarity between this argument and the KG/TD MVP argument in the NBA?

Your argument is slightly flawed in that Russel was a top option and scored 14 ppg on 42% while Gatling, who wasn't a top option scored 20 on 44%.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn'be using the fact that he was a #1 option as a reason he should win the award.  Doesn't the fact that he scored only 13 ppg on bad % prove that he's not capable of being a #1 option?

I brought up the steals because you said he had more steals than gatling.   They both had 1.1 per game.

Gatling won it fair and square, IMO.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2005, 01:35:18 PM »

Lex The Impalier!

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2005, 01:47:24 PM »

The primary option also usually draws more defensive attention...I have noticed several players shoot better percentages when they drop down from a higher to lower option.  Also the top option shouldn't necessarily be your best scorer but your best person at getting the offense to work.  Gatling shot better from the floor but worse from the arc & FT line....again Raptors your picking & choosing the stats you want to use.  A large part of the scoring differential can be attributed to Gatling jacking up almost 5 more shots per game....in fact he shot almost as much as Garnett and far more than the 3rd player in shot attempts.  Russell was also hurt by Arenas' arrival on the Spurs as he took away many of his shot attempts.

As far as the steals I was looking at the stats thru 11 sims and Russell had a very slight advantage: 1.1 vs 1.04  

Mainly I was bored at work this morning and felt like getting involved in a give-and-take discussion.  You know sometimes I get that way from the BBS, Nets.  In many ways it's fun to see what other people think and if they can support their thoughts logically.

Now things are picking up and I need to stop padding my post totals.

IMHO it could have gone either way.  And I believe the edge went to Gatling for 2 reasons...he was the #1 overall pick and he played for a winning team.  I'm not upset like the Kings (j/k) would be..... Cool
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2005, 06:41:30 PM »

Can't wait to see what the Bucks have in store.

Well since I'm the biggest playoff underdog in SSBA history, I had to do some tinkering.  You'll likely know right away what it was when we see the first box scores, but I'll probably discuss it further in the Round 1 discussion after the sim is done.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

Quote from: BucksGM
Can't wait to see what the Bucks have in store.

Well since I'm the biggest playoff underdog in SSBA history, I had to do some tinkering.  You'll likely know right away what it was when we see the first box scores, but I'll probably discuss it further in the Round 1 discussion after the sim is done.
\

Ohhh sounds juicy.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: