SSBA
May 12, 2024, 03:57:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: winning / losing streaks, momentum  (Read 1009 times)
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« on: November 13, 2005, 10:46:31 PM »

Are these simply coincidental, or is there something like chemistry or momentum that carries over from game to game that is in the program?
I am thinking about benching my starters and I'm wondering if this would hurt me in the playoffs, or if it wouldn't make a difference.
Does anyone recall reading anything about this on the FBB website?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:52:29 PM »

No idea.  I haven't noticed a carry over myself personally.  Last year the Sonics ended the season 3-3 before going undefeated in the playoffs.  The year before that the Jazz lost 7 of their last 8 before winning the championship.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:57:13 PM »

After a trade sometimes I've seen with my team that there is a dip in performance, and then it stabilizes or gets a lot better. I haven't really looked to see if this can be backed up statistically though.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:58:16 AM »

I thought the same before this season, that my team reacts terribly to changes and plays better with little modifications. Especially after trades i follwed with losing sims.

Only this year i found out that this was just a case of fielding a bad team. It was just good enough to win some and even slight alterations threw it off balance.

Now, with a better team (although some might disagree that) it's a matter of who i play. I play the good ones, i win, i play the worse players, i lose. So i believe that streaks are somewhat overrated and a matter of luck (= that random factor FBB uses) as well as matchups and favorable schedule.

But I do NOT believe that there is so much as a "team spirit" factor in FBB where most guys on a team play far above their heads for some time as the whole team is on a hot streak. Individuals i'm not so sure about (look up under "Nowitzki, Dirk - Playoffs 2010")

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: