SSBA
May 09, 2024, 04:25:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spurs/Pistons trade - processed  (Read 2542 times)
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:30:29 AM »

Spurs trade:
Dalembert
Bowen

Pistons trade:
James
Sonics 06 first
Hawks 06 second

I want to thank all of the other managers who negotiated for Dalembert.  I felt that this deal gave me the best combo of draft picks and future cap space.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:32:51 AM »

WHoa....
I like it for the pistons. I thought that the reason why the spurs wanted sammy was to build around him.

THe sonics' pick is worthless, its not even a lottery material.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 10:40:49 AM »

great deal for the Pistons, could have got a lot more for Sammy, who is a double-double guy w/3+ bpg for 10 more seasons....
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:07:38 AM »

If Dalembert is so valuable then why didn't anyone offer anything better than late first or second round picks?  That or people wanted me to package valuable assets or take on bad contracts.  There were two offers that were very close.  The difference was an 06 vs an 08 draft pick and the willingness to take on an additional contract.

As it is I received a first rounder and future cap space.  I thought that this league was designed to go on for several (simulated) years so I am looking at more than just this upcoming season or next.  I have also figured out that I need to separate my feelings/impressions of players in the real NBA with those players in this simulation (the Donyell Marshall syndrome).
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 11:19:51 AM »

Just because it was the best deal offered doesn't mean it was a good deal.  I would have probably held out for a better deal, or at worst held on to sammy.  Of course, with what his contract demands would have been, you probably wouldn't have then had room for a max contract.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:49:33 AM »

I would have give you a better deal, but since all my players were traded, I have to wait 60 days.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
LakersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

skonester Skonester skonester
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 11:52:13 AM »

i would have given you a better deal than that. Thats just bad.

**Siegel***Laporte***Gaylor****Ford****Ramsay**
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 11:59:04 AM »

If you would have offered a better deal, you should have offered it.

Sheesh.

BTW, I think Dalembert's contract situation may be what ultimately makes it a good deal for the Spurs.

Dalembert + Bowen next year could have been 12-14 million in contracts he just dumped, plus got a first rounder out of it.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 12:34:31 PM »

Quote from: MavsGM
I would have give you a better deal, but since all my players were traded, I have to wait 60 days.

We discussed a trade and you weren't interested in parting with the players I was interested in....besides the fact that you have a lot of high contracts.  Daly was traded for and I had to wait until 60 days to move him.
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 12:36:24 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
If you would have offered a better deal, you should have offered it.

Sheesh.

Exactly.  That is why I posted on the trade talk board....I had a couple inquiries and I looked for the best deal.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 05:31:33 PM »

Quote from: SpursGM
If Dalembert is so valuable then why didn't anyone offer anything better than late first or second round picks?  That or people wanted me to package valuable assets or take on bad contracts.  There were two offers that were very close.  The difference was an 06 vs an 08 draft pick and the willingness to take on an additional contract.

As it is I received a first rounder and future cap space.  I thought that this league was designed to go on for several (simulated) years so I am looking at more than just this upcoming season or next.  I have also figured out that I need to separate my feelings/impressions of players in the real NBA with those players in this simulation (the Donyell Marshall syndrome).

Im so want to cry right now. I got 12M of contracts that I could trade for a bad contract or 2. All of them, i can give up for daly.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

Sault_town_pimp@hotmail.com Iverson2Korver43
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 10:47:11 PM »

I sadly accept... Smile   I m very please with this trade, and looks as if i am building a decent young core with Dalembert, Murphy and Lewis...  All of which i plan on resigning...  Thank you very much SpursGM...

Also, Drop - Ronald Dupree to make the trade work...
LakersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

skonester Skonester skonester
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 10:50:51 PM »

great trade from the pistons point of view

**Siegel***Laporte***Gaylor****Ford****Ramsay**
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: