SSBA
May 18, 2024, 10:15:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft Preview Discussion  (Read 24807 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »

Well, Perry looked like a sniper with minimal other offensive skill.  Look at his college rankings, and he's pretty poor across the board.  Slater, as well, is a strict jumpshooter.   Redman, another great jumpshooter that doesn't turn the ball over (but also doesn't create), but a terrible defender.  And Ottakor (great name) again has a D in both post defense (PSD) and perimeter defense (PRD).  Ouch.  Imagine that in the pro's.

Also, while all of these guys are from good conferences, like you pointed out, at this point in the season they had only played 1 conference game!

Seems one dimensional players who can succeed at the college level don't get drafted in this game.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2005, 04:19:59 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
I would not want the specific numbers for each ability.  We do not have that info for our current players.  Plus, is that potential real, or perceived?

Unfortunately it looks like we can only get ratings for each attribute, unlike when it's converted to FBB.  However, I will check the option that allows you to switch them to A-F ratings, not 1-100, if you guys want.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2005, 04:22:17 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Quote from: GoldenStateGM
I would not want the specific numbers for each ability.  We do not have that info for our current players.  Plus, is that potential real, or perceived?

Unfortunately it looks like we can only get ratings for each attribute, unlike when it's converted to FBB.  However, I will check the option that allows you to switch them to A-F ratings, not 1-100, if you guys want.

You do that before you start a new game.  You have the choice of A-F or 1-100.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2005, 04:24:28 PM »

Yes, I saw.

But it will still give us attributes like splitting our handles into ballhandling and passing, which will mean we'll know more about potential draftees than we do our current players!

However, I'd argue that if you pay attention at all, you can deduce that from gameplay.  Baron Davis obviously is a better passer than ballhandler (as he gets a lot of assists and also lots of turnovers).  The only people we currently don't know that about is draftees, so I have no problem with showing this information.  Especially since it's only shown as against college level competition.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2005, 04:25:11 PM »

Alright, let me see if I can't purchase this game.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2005, 04:39:18 PM »

Last thing: I wasn't arguing that they should be included in the draft, only that they had decent skills that would make you believe they'd be in the draft.  So you'd waste time watching them progress only to learn that they didn't end up in the draft.

I guess I just don't know how we'd monitor players during the season then, if the leaderboard isn't going to be that accurate.  Since we won't know who's going to be available to draft until the year's over, I'm not seeing why we'd need to break up the college season.

I guess what I'm suggesting is to just sim the whole year and then allow the player links in the draft file to be referenced in FBCB for draft research purposes.
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2005, 04:40:26 PM »

Alright, let me see if I can't purchase this game.

How much is it?

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2005, 04:49:47 PM »

Quote from: NuggetsGM
Last thing: I wasn't arguing that they should be included in the draft, only that they had decent skills that would make you believe they'd be in the draft.  So you'd waste time watching them progress only to learn that they didn't end up in the draft.

I guess I just don't know how we'd monitor players during the season then, if the leaderboard isn't going to be that accurate.  Since we won't know who's going to be available to draft until the year's over, I'm not seeing why we'd need to break up the college season.

I guess what I'm suggesting is to just sim the whole year and then allow the player links in the draft file to be referenced in FBCB for draft research purposes.

I was thinking the same thing... But if there are people who want to follow the college players during the season, may as well let them...

But, my question would be, when do we get the draft files then?

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:15 PM »

If we do in-season updates, the draft files would be that site up until the end of the regular season, then it would be the draft file we're used to (except now it would have stats as well).

It gives people like the Hawks something to do after the 5th week Smile

Personally, I get a bit bored having the 1 draft file up that never changes.

The program is $30.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2005, 04:59:34 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I think FBCB looks great, and I wouldn't be against signing up for a team were it ever to reach that point.  I'm also not trying to say that people shouldn't be able to follow the season as it progresses if they so choose.  

But if Nets can save $30 and just get a player file from somewhere, I guess I'm trying to say that that might be good enough, based on the limits for currently-existing players in FBB.  At least, it is IMO.  I'll just shut up now.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2005, 05:00:30 PM »

Alright guys, I purchased it.  That's now $60 I've spent on the league (besides cost of bandwidth).

I really shouldn't have, but it's something i'll have fun with myself as well.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2005, 05:02:03 PM »

Should we all cough up $5 for both programs and bandwidth?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2005, 05:02:06 PM »

and it validates the purchase right there, so it's activated.  I'll start up a league tonight Smile

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Alright guys, I purchased it.  That's now $60 I've spent on the league (besides cost of bandwidth).

I really shouldn't have, but it's something i'll have fun with myself as well.

Cheers

This should be an awesome addition to this sim.

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2005, 05:04:11 PM »

Well, here is a suggestion that most might like...
Why not import the files on a year delay.  That way, if someone to just look at the draft, it can be done exactly the way it is now.  But if you want to look 2 years into the future, you can use the draft files.

Gives the ability to look further then just one year in the draft,  and also makes it easy for the people who do not wish to go searching through all the college teams and find players....

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: