SSBA
May 11, 2024, 02:03:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixers offseason news:  (Read 1734 times)
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2006, 11:37:18 PM »

With 7 million dollars over the Cap. The Sixers is still determined to resign David Jonas via their bird rights. "He's 99.9% sixer next year" said the SIxersGM. Jonas who played a vital role to sixers' success last year is expected to resign with the sixers. Jonas is expected to continue his role as back-up PG for Toby Bolinger and some minutes at the PF position.

Sixers is also very lucky to have two top five 1st rounders this draft. With the draft they chose George Johnson and Julius Erving. George Johnson was said to be the best perimeter defender in the draft. "We felt that drafting George Johnson was because of BPA and he fills our team need." Being projected around the 3rd to 4th pick, he was selected 5th overall by the sixers. With the sixers being one of the worst teams in defense, he would definitely help the sixers, defensively.

With the 3rd overall pick, they selected Julius Erving. He is compared to the vintage Dr.J. He is a great inside scorer and good defender. Erving is expected to be number one or two in the scoring options for the sixers this season. "Erving and Johnson is expected to replace Ward and Wells in the starting position. We are looking to take .5 step backward offensively and 2 step forward defensively." remarks the SixersGM.

With the 20th overall pick, they selected Butch Lee. Period.  Thumbs Up

There is also a rumor of almost trading their franchise player John Tyler in exchange for another franchise player and a very promising player. Sixers is also announcing of putting their top scorers and perimeter players Juan Ward and Trevor Wells are in the block. "We are really determined to be a top team in the league right now. And were doing anyway possible. And I think we really deserved it after spending several years building this team." said the SixersGM who still patterns his team with Colangelo's masterpiece with the present Phoenix Suns.

Are we going to see the Sixers as a top team in the upcomming season? Time will tell.. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:41:20 AM by SixersGM » Logged

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:32:33 AM »

Is Julius available? You can have my entire team for him. Razz

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »

Most of my guys is still on their rookie contract, I can't see how any trade might work involving erving. I'd also like to add that everyone is available. Im looking for player upgrade. Specially in my frontcourt.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 02:00:56 PM »

Laughing  Your entire team as of now have only two players but making Shocked

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: