SSBA
May 18, 2024, 04:16:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSBA Playoffs Prediction  (Read 32077 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

Wow, what a series between the Raptors and the Hornets, capped off by a game 7, 100-98 victory by the Hornets.
Some bizarre happenings in that game, with Swift/Piatowski holding Melo to 6-25 shooting, and Gadzuric getting 17 boards in just 21 minutes.

Really it was unexpected performances by Swift and Radman that allowed the Hornets to take this series.
The Hornets are relieved to get out of the 1st round alive.

A truely amazing series. Both of us were unbeatable at home, showing just how important home court advantage can be.

Raptors had some great all around performances, but Melo was shut down. However, Yao was also contained by Swift, making it a battle of depth rather than stars. Max and Billy Joe Kim really stepped up for the Raptors, with Max averaging over 20ppg for the series and BJK getting 12.7 rpg and 3.1 bpg in a great series for him.

Hornets, I tip my hat to you.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 02:13:56 PM »

f this

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »

A truely amazing series. Both of us were unbeatable at home, showing just how important home court advantage can be.

Raptors had some great all around performances, but Melo was shut down. However, Yao was also contained by Swift, making it a battle of depth rather than stars. Max and Billy Joe Kim really stepped up for the Raptors, with Max averaging over 20ppg for the series and BJK getting 12.7 rpg and 3.1 bpg in a great series for him.

Hornets, I tip my hat to you.

Well, in another year I think homecourt, and this series, goes in your favor. Great series  Cheers
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »

Does not necessarily have to be.

The other three Eastern series (i leave the west alone, anything can happen there) produced 7 road wins, including 2 against the Magic who lost all of 8 home games all year (none to the Wiz) and 2 against my Celts who had 9 home losses (none to the Heat) as well as one vs the Nets (5 all year).

Homecourt does matter little in FBB ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »

The other three Eastern series (i leave the west alone, anything can happen there) produced 7 road wins, including 2 against the Magic who lost all of 8 home games all year (none to the Wiz) and 2 against my Celts who had 9 home losses (none to the Heat) as well as one vs the Nets (5 all year).

In the regular season and the playoffs, the home team in the Raptors-Hornets matchup won every game, so it was very important to this series.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 03:40:32 PM »

I lost game 7 two times in WCF in my own gym. My expirience with homecourt is rather unpleasent, that's why i don't care anymore about it.

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 03:45:54 PM »

In the regular season and the playoffs, the home team in the Raptors-Hornets matchup won every game, so it was very important to this series.

I'd say. For both of us, it was ALL that mattered.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
BlazersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »

i knew it i should have change the damn tactic and put Steve on T-mac, but well im happy anyway, getting to POs with the best record so far and team improving from year to year is enough for me for now, Hoffa unfortunately couldnt do it by himself

Game 1 -10pt Hoffa had 26/20, Telf was good 24/5/9 but except for this two players my team sucks completely offensively.

Game 2 -28pt Hoffa again good 17/17, Telf as well but same as game 1 no help from others.

Game 3 -24pt at home Ouch, Hoffa 19/16, was wasting way too many balls this PO series, shooting pretty bad in all 4 games, the rest of the team was invisible, Buehler did well in this embarrassing loss.

Game 4 -17pt Tmac droped 50 to finish the series.

Congrats to the Kings on a boring series and good luck in your quest for the TITLE !

oh yeah and  Moon

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
GM Stats
BlazersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 05:51:45 PM »

i won both in Sacramento and got sweeped heh, home advantage has nothing do to with it, at least i believe so.,

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
GM Stats
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »

Only the Sixers, Bucks and Nuggets had worse home records than away records during the regular season. If there were no difference between playing at home and playing away, then you would expect about half of the teams in the league to have worse home records than away records.

I sincerely doubt that home court advantage is done away with in the playoffs. There are many independent factors that turn an away team into a winner, and pointing to road wins is simply making the mistake of not seeing the forest for the trees.

It would be far more anomalous to see a series where the road team one every game versus a series where the home team won every series.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 11:57:19 PM »

Round 2 up.

Really surprised at the Grizzlies.  I know they were the #2 seed, but IMO serious underdogs to the two time defending WC champ Clippers, and really shocking they won 4-1.

Hornets just streamrolled in 4.  For a team that won 70 games, I'm really struggling right now.  Pettit (who's typically a great playoff performer) is really struggling.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GrizzliesGM
GMs
GM

n0sajmb
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 12:09:16 AM »

And this is why its never a good idea to rebuild. Retooling is okay but not rebuilding. I am very suprised at my 4-1 series win over the clippers. But if you look at my team on paper, I do have the talent. I am really glad that I didnt blow this team up the past 2-3 seasons when I easily could have. Hopefully my team can suprise the Warriors in the next series. Good luck Warriors.

C-Patrick Ewing
PF-Clayton Bender
SF-Ron Harper
SG-Scottie Pippen
PG-Marc Azario
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 12:38:25 AM »

Hm.
Well, either my move of Yao to PF was brilliantly anticipated by the Wizards, or the Wizards are just completely nuts and decided to match up a 6'9 B- defender against the 7'6 MVP. I find both to be pretty strange. Maybe he did it to free up Maggette, but...
Anyway, I swept, but most of the games were pretty close.

Now, on to the Nets.
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 12:58:45 AM »

wow...heart breaking  Bash hehehe a close one..could have won the series if only i won game five....lost only by one point..... molina went down in the first game...and didnt do well without molina for games 2 and 3....when molina suit up for game 5....it was a heart breaking loss by just one point....this could have gone either way... keogan was still terrific... he is still the league's leader in scoring.... and his 24... so there would be a lot of playoffs ahead of this team....

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 01:32:46 AM »

Yeah, nice run Heat. The ironic thing is that you will probably take more games from the Nets than me, and I openly said I'd rather play you.
Nice work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: