SSBA
May 19, 2024, 02:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulls 2007  (Read 10117 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 01:16:45 AM »

Congratulations Sixers.

Whoever watched the game last night (no chance to get that here) tell me what's wrong with the Bulls.

This has reached a point where it's simply depressing.
For whatever reason everything that identified the Bulls last season is gone now. The defense seems to be soft as jelly despite bringing back nearly the complete team from last season ... that held opponents to 40% shooting. And this coming with an offensively limited team doesn't bode well ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 01:35:24 AM »

Wallace's averages haven't been bad with 10.3 rebounds, 1.9 steals, 1.7 blocks and six points.

But his effect has been minimal and you wonder if $60 million can buy happiness. He often sits alone in the locker room while many of the players gather in the separate trainers' room before the game.

He often talks in vague terms about team concepts, like when he said after the Nuggets game, "We've got to go out and play as a team and unit and sometimes we don't. We've got to sacrifice some of the things we're doing on the floor to help the team out."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1124nbafill1124.html

GLORY DAYS!
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 01:51:28 AM »

I guess it's a mental problem for a team depending so much on defense like the Bulls to get a great defender added. Last season everybody knew he constantly had to hustle and play aggressive D to even give the Bulls a chance to stay in games.
This season everybody seems to get the impression he can relax on D, no need to recover, since there's ben waiting to cover their ass anyway. Just my guess from what I read on realgm.

It sure takes time to find your defensive identity bringing in 5 new (rotation) guys, and playing 10 of 13 on the road to start the year doesn't make things easier, so I'm still positive this season is far from over.

But i'm anxious to hear how you Sixers fans see this after last night.

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 07:01:15 AM »

Spank spank. Cool

What's wrong with the Bulls? It's exactly what i said in Sixers thread. Wallace is not a half a player he once was and Bulls simply do not have a star power, a regular go to guy. They'll barely make the playoffs, if that. Cheers

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:08:52 AM »

I don't care if Wallace is 50% or 30% of his former self, the Bulls with Wallace and PJ should be better than the Bulls with Chandler and Harrington.

Chandler was constantly in foul trouble last season and hardly was part of the successful defense.

One possible explanation: maybe it were role players like Songaila and Othella who made the difference. I remember a dozen games were they just provided enough offense to stay in games and allow the starters to finish the job. Thabo and Tyrus and Viktor are nice but not that veteran presence.
But on the other side, it's the starters who routinely allow that big deficits to start the games (the Bulls led for about 35 of 284 minutes during that last 6 game road trip), and the reserves can't take the whole blame ...

Question

PacersGM
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 08:33:52 AM »

sorry disagree here big.
last year it was chandler who finished in the second part of the season almost every game - kept the bulls in the game with hustle plays that i really miss this year and played great help defense. he was the only reason the bulls could play noce at pf because chandler had no problems to secure rebounds in traffic. everytime noce played with an undersized C both had enough troubles with securing the defense rebound. the bulls this year get outrebounded, outhustled and no one can defend the penetration. imo size matters if you have to help out against penetration.
also gordon is overdribbling almost every possession.
thabo and thomas are rookies and they play too often out of control.
PJ and Big Ben are standing around in the offense and most the times their defender can help out with out any problem.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 08:36:45 AM »

Here's the simple truth you overlooked; Chicago Bulls were not a playoff team last year. You only made the playoffs cause of huge, huge Sixers letdown in the last 6 or 7 games (not to say Sixers were a better team last year, both of them simply didn't deserve a spot). Therefore, this all media hype about the Bulls are even more puzzling to me. Team that won, what, 40 games last year, made the playoffs out of pure luck signs 33 year old, washed up defensive player (who won a ring btw and signed a contract of his life so i  have no idea why are people suprised by his lack of motivation) and all of sudden they're a title contenders?! That's not how it goes.

ps I said the same about the Heat (check Sixers thread) so i can only laugh when old and expirienced cat like Riley sounds shocked (!!) when his players are playing without heart and passion.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 09:05:30 AM »

Here's the simple truth you overlooked; Chicago Bulls were not a playoff team last year. You only made the playoffs cause of huge, huge Sixers letdown in the last 6 or 7 games (not to say Sixers were a better team last year, both of them simply didn't deserve a spot). Therefore, this all media hype about the Bulls are even more puzzling to me. Team that won, what, 40 games last year, made the playoffs out of pure luck signs 33 year old, washed up defensive player (who won a ring btw and signed a contract of his life so i  have no idea why are people suprised by his lack of motivation) and all of sudden they're a title contenders?! That's not how it goes.

ps I said the same about the Heat (check Sixers thread) so i can only laugh when old and expirienced cat like Riley sounds shocked (!!) when his players are playing without heart and passion.

Bulls made the playoffs last season as 7th seed, one game behind the 5th seeded Wizards and 6th seeded Pacers and a game ahead of the #8 Bucks (3 games ahead of Sixers).

And Songaila's injury was probably the main reason they didn't beat the Heat in round 1.

The bulls not only were a playoff team, they were about one quarter away from a finals appearance, you homie ...
 Cheers

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »

No, i'm not homer. I'm realistic. Both Sixers and Bulls sucked, sucked big time last year. C'mon, give me a break. Bulls got close to .50 for the first time  some 4 or 5 games until the end of the season. 90% of the last season they were 7 or 8 games under .50. You want to tell me that's a serious ball club? Sure, they made the playoffs, but that tells you more about poor overall eastern conference rather then Bulls quaility.

Besides, that entire team is so overated. Ben Gordon looks nice, but one night he goes for 30pts in 25min and the other he's a complete no show. Loul Deng? Please, i won't even talk about him. The only guy i respect there is Kirk Hinrich. He's a great player but not the type of guy who's going to will his team to the W night in night out.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 09:44:27 AM »

The bulls not only were a playoff team, they were about one quarter away from a finals appearance

Lol...what? What finals?

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »

No, i'm not homer. I'm realistic. Both Sixers and Bulls sucked, sucked big time last year. C'mon, give me a break. Bulls got close to .50 for the first time  some 4 or 5 games until the end of the season. 90% of the last season they were 7 or 8 games under .50. You want to tell me that's a serious ball club? Sure, they made the playoffs, but that tells you more about poor overall eastern conference rather then Bulls quaility.

If you want to tell me a team that leads the league in defense (yup, the Bulls ahead of the Spurs) isn't worthy of a playoff spot, I don't know what to say ...

Moon

BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »

fuck defense when they cant win, you cant just play defense without offense and win

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 02:59:12 PM »

fuck defense when they cant win, you cant just play defense without offense and win

after being horrible early on and falling 13 games below .500 defense was the main reason the Bulls could climb out of the cellar into the playoff seeds ... but sure it wasn't the only reason. Without having any go-to guy who can provide "automatic" offense in close games they had to reply on team play and crisp execution.

this season, their offense is just about ok, slightly less ppg but same percentages as last year (apart from the alarmingly high TO number)

But apparently it's the shooting defense that lacks this seaosn, allowing 47% shooting (and better than 80% from the line!!!) with a point differential of -2ppg, way down from 42% and zero differential last year.
Other defensive numbers improved greatly, the Bulls have a better rebounding differential, force 4 more TOs than last year and average fewer fouls (with same opp fouls).

Just the wins are missing yet ...

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:15 AM »

Congratulations Sixers.
Whoever watched the game last night (no chance to get that here) tell me what's wrong with the Bulls.
This has reached a point where it's simply depressing.

What a difference 2 weeks can make.

Bulls are ripping through the weak parts of the league, 108ppg over last 6 game win streak.

Poor sixers were latest victim, and it's always nice when
- a game is essentially over adter the first quarter
- your backup SG outscores the complete Sixers team in the first quarter, playing just 6 minutes
- the Bulls are finally over "headbandgate"

And maybe Chris should follow the footsteps of Prince (not Tayshaun, but the great artist) and rename himself to "the artist formerly known as CWebb" ...
Wink

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »

Not even Michael Jordan would help you if you allow 70pts in a first half.

AI needs to be traded for his own sanity. He deserves better than this bunch of mediocre losers.

Yep, this season is ofically over. Trade AI now.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print