SSBA
May 06, 2024, 07:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with player extension  (Read 2667 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« on: January 17, 2008, 05:41:53 AM »

just found out the Pacers extended Marcus Kersey
so far so good, but at closer look you can see this:

http://forums.ssbabasketball.com/index.php?topic=7811.0
sim 12 done
? on: 14 January 2008, 05:34:33 ?

http://forums.ssbabasketball.com/index.php?topic=7812.0
Pacers: extend Kersey 1yr
? on: 14 January 2008, 13:14:06 ?

After twice being rejected for getting the extension posted late (including once when the sim 12 discussion hadn't even been posted) I not only find this rather annoying but downright disgusting ...

Bash

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
PacersGM
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 07:59:58 AM »

yes i can understand your point of view.
the following situation occured.
i had the extension planed before the sim but had a problem with the extension of the mavs who requested an extension for a MLE signed player. so i decided to discuss this issue with bods and delay the extension work till i know what to do.
i simply forget afterwards to post my own extension before the sim was done.
if you think that gives me an unfair advantage i will take the extension back.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »

I don't ask for anything, it's really the comissioner's call what should be done.

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 09:21:50 AM »

If the reasoning is "I simply forgot to post" then I definitely believe the extension should be taken back. It is setting a bad precedent for any GM to PM Pacers/Bods and say "sorry I forgot to post this in time, can you do it anyways?". I can think of a situation or two were someone can be granted a pardon, but because they forgot isnt one of them.

Its nothing personal against Pacers, but that is just my two cents.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »

I'm kinda on the celtics side on this one.  In fact, I think this is what the Celtics have been arguing for.  Extensions haven't been sent out yet, so I don't see the problem in allowing people to purchase extensions now.  The problem is, in the past Pacers have given the extensions a hard deadline.  PacersGM SHOULD be allowed to forgot, and still purchase an extension if the extensions haven't been sent out yet.  But it has to be consistently enforced as such.  If Pacers can forget, then it should be acceptable for others to as well.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »

In fact, I'd call Pacers are allowed to keep the extension, since i'm sure it was uploaded already with sim 12.
so i'm 100% sure everything was done 100% right

but i also would have voted my extension came in time back then if you remember (*)

(*) the only bitter taste for me is this: Once sim 12 is finished the simmer can see/know the player resign offers, so he COULD check before carrying out the extension (and again, I'm 100% sure you didn't do). In my case I posted well before player offers were announced so I COULD NOT have know before posting.
(and that's what's so sad about Orlando-Gate, still, 2 seasons later ...)
Sad

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:12:26 AM »

I'm kinda on the celtics side on this one.  In fact, I think this is what the Celtics have been arguing for.  Extensions haven't been sent out yet, so I don't see the problem in allowing people to purchase extensions now.  The problem is, in the past Pacers have given the extensions a hard deadline.  PacersGM SHOULD be allowed to forgot, and still purchase an extension if the extensions haven't been sent out yet.  But it has to be consistently enforced as such.  If Pacers can forget, then it should be acceptable for others to as well.

I don't have a problem with doing that in the future (after a vote, perhaps), but it's unfair to let it go now.

There's no way that the excuse "I forgot" would fly for any of us.

I think that the Pacers understands this, and that the Celts have a valid point.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:03 AM »

one thing i don't like is that this looks like "my revenge" on the Pacers for Orlando. hope he understands I don't have anything like personal reasons to post this. I'm over with Orlando-gate, it just brought memories back ... (*)

I just wondered why there was suddenly an extension post way after sim 12, and told so.
(and if anyone else had posted it the Pacers would have told us anyway)

(*) in fact when you look back at the 2002 FA class (the one I had hoped to make a max bid with the sal cap than went to Orlando's max instead), i might have to be thankful how things turned out. The "big prizes" in 2002 were Tom Najera (9/9/4to today) and Mark Wooten (decent, but overpaid), glad I got excused from that.
And furthermore, the Orlando contract gave me a chance to get Moncrief/Short/Kings pick, Short gave me Peters, Kings pick gave me Mahorn ... and my current team that's a ton better than the 2001 squad.

PacersGM
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »

well no extension was made before sim12 as explained before. but mavs posted theirs in time and i didn?t.
so kersey will loose his extension.
resignings will be send to bods soon. maybe i am lucky an he offers me a similar contract, maybe not Sad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: