SSBA
May 06, 2024, 07:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with GM actions, etc  (Read 3019 times)
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I go to the league page (http://ssba.phillyarena.net/) and try to access a link on the GM Actions page ("team bank," for example), it always says "welcome guest". I then have to go to the "Forums" link on the sidebar and log in, despite the fact that I'm already logged in and have no trouble accessing the forums board. This happens every time I try to do this, even when I check the box for "log me in forever." And even when I do this, I often still cannot access the links on the GM Actions page.
I think this has something to do with my change to Vista, but I don't know. I don't have a problem with cookies or anything on any other website except this one... Help!
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »

I had the same problem, it turned out that it was because I was sharing a computer and there were 2 cookie stored for 2 different users (RocketsGM and WolvesGM)... dunno if this helps...
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »

nah, not really, I'm not sharing a computer.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »

I honestly have no idea.  I don't have Vista.  But I've never had a problem with firefox in linux/xp.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:17:05 AM »

Just a quick reminder/prompt to Pacers that Team Banks need updating, for the off-season up until now. Thanks.
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »

So no one else is having this problem? It's happening at my work computer, which is not running Vista, as well (I just started a new job and I'm already screwing around on the web)... Could it be a problem with just my account?
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »

So no one else is having this problem? It's happening at my work computer, which is not running Vista, as well (I just started a new job and I'm already screwing around on the web)... Could it be a problem with just my account?

No problems ever for me, home or work, all of which are non-Vista

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:45:17 PM »

I have this problem on my home computer regularly with this site and Bods' other site, PhillyArena.  Not being computer savvy I figured it had something to do with the cookies.  I have to login over & over to whichever site I visit second (so I always go to this site first).  The other site is just a message board and I only have to login again if I switch to different forums.  But this site requires a new login every time you go away from the forums (for example to team pages) and then go back or go to GM actions.

Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »

But this site requires a new login every time you go away from the forums (for example to team pages) and then go back or go to GM actions.

I have actually had that problem in the past, dunno how I fixed it though...
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »

I have this problem on my home computer regularly with this site and Bods' other site, PhillyArena.  Not being computer savvy I figured it had something to do with the cookies.  I have to login over & over to whichever site I visit second (so I always go to this site first).  The other site is just a message board and I only have to login again if I switch to different forums.  But this site requires a new login every time you go away from the forums (for example to team pages) and then go back or go to GM actions.

yes! I knew I wasn't special...
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:31 AM »

yes! I knew I wasn't special...

Another possibility a friend mentioned is the firewall that you use...
NetsGM
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:08 AM »

Just a quick reminder/prompt to Pacers that Team Banks need updating, for the off-season up until now. Thanks.
Another reminder - off-season attendance wasn't added to Team Banks.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »

Another reminder - off-season attendance wasn't added to Team Banks.

Have you PM'd PacersGM?

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: